Our Commitment to Safety
We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again (even if it is under a mask)!
Prior to re-opening our doors back in June, we spent several days training. Yes, training! No patients. Just us, making sure our team was comfortable with the new COVID-19 protocols.
We took these extra measures because your safety, and the safety of our team has always been, and will continue to be our NUMBER ONE priority!
While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable and safe environment.
Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for. We are always here for you.
Here are a few things we have done to ensure the safety of our patients and our team:
- All protocols, including methods and materials have been reviewed to ensure we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment and instruments were examined to ensure safety for our patients and team members. Again, safety is our #1 priority.
- Any instruments that go into your mouth are either disposable or high heat-sterilized in an autoclave.
- We have installed new state-of-the-art air purification systems in each treatment room to include HEPA filters and UV-C light and we perform “Hypochlorous acid fogging” after every patient. The fogging kills 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses. In combination with the hospital grade HEPA filtration, it removes airborne particulates such as dust, dander, pollen and mold.
- Air-capture devices are being used in each treatment room to collect aerosols.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items, water and coffee. Social distancing in the reception area is also in effect.
- Patients will be screened via a questionnaire over the phone to keep high-risk patients and/or those with flu-like symptoms safely at home.
- You will receive a text, phone call, or email confirming your appointment. We ask that you to simply let us know once you arrive to the office. You will wait in your car. Once we have verified your room is ready, we will respond to let you know to enter the building.
- Our patients are scheduled to maintain proper social distancing and to allow our team to meet and exceed all of the CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization. We disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Non-touch temperature screening of all patients and team members occurs before being in our office.
- Upon entering our office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands and to put on “over-shoe” booties.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to perform a pre-procedural mouth rinse which is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral in nature. This helps to minimize any harmful aerosols.
- Team members change into scrubs and isolation gowns upon entering the office, so there is no transmission of anything from the outside world into our office or vice versa.
- Our team is well-equipped with proper PPE. We’re using medical-grade disinfecting solution throughout our office after each patient. It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses, and has FDA approval. Our disinfection protocol is trusted by leading infection control experts.
- Do we have to do all this? Absolutely not. But providing a safe environment is a priority. We will continue to go above and beyond for our patients. Did you know that having a healthier mouth can actually decrease the chances of contracting Covid-19? When your mouth is not healthy and your gums are inflamed, your ability to fight infections is greatly reduced. Chronic inflammation lowers your immune response, making you more susceptible to illnesses and infection. There is a direct correlation between having a healthy mouth and a healthy body. We take YOUR HEALTH very seriously. Thank you for trusting us with your care!
We really look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends very soon. If you have any concerns, please feel free to call us.
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen and your entire Dental Care Team
P.S. Be sure share this with your family and friends.
New Protocols To Keep EVERYONE Safe
Advanced Staff Training
Each member of our team has completed additional awareness and prevention programs to enhance their knowledge and preparedness.
Each day, one team member is designated to guide our Commitment to Safety. This includes greeting patients, answering questions, ensuring social distancing, and overall monitoring.
Daily Health Checks of Our Team
Non-contact temperature checks and a quick set of questions will ensure our team is ready, willing and able to provide safe dental care – every day.
No Handshakes or Hugs
We truly do love our patients. However, we will save our warm welcomes and goodbyes for a later date when things are “back to normal”.
No Handshakes or Hugs
In the past, you might have seen us in town, or at the grocery store in our stylish scrubs. No longer. Now, we change into and out of our newly-cleaned scrubs at the office, every day.
In addition to brushing and flossing before your visit, we will provide an anti-bacterial solution to rinse in your mouth for 60 seconds. This reduces any harmful aerosols by killing bacteria and viruses.
Virtual Waiting Room
Now, you can check-in from your car. As a result, you are able to minimize contact with others, bypass the reception area, and go directly to your treatment room.
No Outside Patient Gloves Allowed
Minimizing cross-contamination is an important part of our plan. We will ask you to dispose of any outside gloves before you enter, and will have you use hand sanitizer. We will also have you use our bootie machine to cover your shoes with disposable booties while in the office
Spaced Patient Scheduling
Plain and simple, we are not seeing as many patients. We are allocating more time between visits for coming, going, allowing for proper social distancing. We are also allowing more time for cleaning and disinfecting between patients.
Pre-Screening of Every Patient
A quick health questionnaire and consent form along with a no-touch temperature check will be completed when you arrive at our office. Anyone who may be “at risk” will be reappointed.
Expanded Patient Appointments
In an effort to save you time and multiple visits to our office, we are offering extended appointments. This allows us to do more dentistry in a single visit.
Family Friendly Scheduling
We are now able to see up to 4 family members during the same visit. It is almost like your own, private dental experience.
At-Risk Patient Hours
If you feel you are in an “at risk” category, please let us know. We have hours dedicated exclusively to our mature and medically-concerned patients. Let us add peace-of-mind to your next visit.
Some consultations and follow-up visits can be handled through a virtual consultation. It is a cool, ultra-safe, and efficient extension of our office.
Hospital-Grade Hand Sanitizing Station
Every patient will be asked to thoroughly disinfect their hands before entering and when leaving the clinical area of our practice.
Social Distancing in Place
It is our goal to keep you at least 6 feet away from other people at all times that you are not actually receiving clinical care.
Cleaning After Every Appointment
We are super clean as we thoroughly wipe, sanitize, and disinfect all instruments, equipment and surfaces in each operatory after every patient. We also use hypochlorous acid to fog the air. 100% safe for humans. Deadly to bacteria and viruses.
Deep Cleaning Every Evening
Along with cleaning and sanitizing during the day, we take things to another level at night with a thorough top-to-bottom scrub down.
CDC-Approved Instrument Sterilization
This has been a standard procedure of ours since day one, and nothing has changed. Anything that goes near your mouth is heat and pressure sterilized in an autoclave between every use or it’s disposable.
N95 & ASTM Level 3 Masks
The beautiful smiles of our clinical team – dentists, hygienists, and assistants will be protected behind double-masking.
Front Office Team Masks
Even our friendly administrative team will be wearing ASTM Level 3 masks. Don’t worry. They are smiling behind those masks!
Extra Protection! Our clinical team will also protect you and themselves through the use of FDA Approved PET face shields.
Disposable, Protective Equipment
When appropriate, our team will utilize another layer of protection to minimize the spread or absorption of airborne particles.